Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Missions Training

So, tomorrow is the day that I finally get to meet the two other people who I have been praying like crazy for - the other two interns that make up the Costa Rica team!! I'll be flying into Detroit, Michigan around 2pm tomorrow where I'll meet up with a corporate intern from Experience Mission and some of the other EM summer staff to ride to the Miracle Camp retreat center (There might be some miracles happenin?...) where we will be having a four day training for this summer. I am so very anxious to meet the two other college students who are on the Costa Rica team. These are going to be the people I'm going to serve and lead alongside all summer long! There's always something really special about the relationships you form on mission trips, when you work side by side for the sake of God's kingdom- when you overcome challenges and learn and grow together. Ah it's just so special! So I'm thrilled, to say the least.

I'm really not sure what exactly we'll be doing on the retreat, but I'm sure it'll be focused on a lot of team building and personal reflection. It'll be really cool to meet all the other teams as well and just hang out with a bunch of other college students who are willing to give up their summer to serve Christ - I can't wait to hear all their stories and experience their different personalities and gifts. Man, the body of Christ, everyone is so unique and special. That sounds cheesy, but it's true! I just love it. Anyway, I'm excited to see how God moves over the next few days- and I have to admit I'm pretty excited to just get on an airplane. When you go three months traveling every three days, returning to non-travel life can be an adjustment. So I'm excited to experience a new city for a little bit.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on how the retreat goes. Please pray that all the teams come together well, that each member is open minded to the differences of the group, and that the Holy Spirit provides strength and empowerment as we all prepare ourselves for leading and serving this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment