Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. 
He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 
and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
John 11:25-26

It's so amazing coming out of the Lent season and celebrating the holy power of the Lord through the body of Christ. Church was packed today and the presence of the Holy Spirit was so heavy, it was beautiful.

I heard a message on the radio the other day that has really resonated with me over the past few days. A man called to talk about the notion of time. It's interesting how we revolve our lives around time. Especially as Americans, we feel so obligated to be efficient every moment of every day. We live our lives based off of a timeline- a time for school, a time for work, for marriage and kids, and eventually retirement. We celebrate certain days and holidays, evaluate our success on our age, feel older and older as "the clock ticks." See, we reflect on the Gospel- Jesus and His ministry, His death, and resurrection as an event that happened 2,000 years ago.

But our God is bigger than time

His sacrifice and promise of grace is just as fresh today as it was ever before. What an awesome truth- He promises eternal love and mercy. Eternity is something we fail to comprehend as we are bound by this notion of time.

Lord, I may not understand but I trust. I trust in the truth of Your salvation and promises that forever reign.

Happy Easter everyone! I hope your day is full of love and friends and family, as you celebrate Jesus's life, ultimate sacrifice, and resurrection that remains true today, tomorrow, and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment